Westerlay does not start and stop at the greenhouse door.
Contributing to our community plays an important role in our company’s culture. We support a variety of local non-profit organizations, including:
Westerlay also considers requests for orchid arrangement donations and discounts. In order to consider your request, a potential recipient must meet the requirements below, then please fill out the brief form on the right at least two weeks prior to your event.
For questions, please contact our Donations Coordinator, Kandie Overgaag at kovergaag@westerlayorchids.
A portion of all of the sales from Westerlay’s Gemstone Orchid, The Pink Diamond, sold during the month of October are donated to help the SB Cancer Resource Center and its patients.
Westerlay Orchids donates blooms to the Dream Foundation’s Flower Empower program a volunteer driven program that delivers fresh-cut flowers, homemade cookies, fine chocolates and cards that are hand made by school children and other groups and individuals to people in hospitals, hospices, cancer centers and their homes.
Westerlay orchestrated a fundraiser to help the Ventura County’s Food Bank, which has been instrumental in feeding tens of thousands of people displaced by the Thomas Fire. All of the proceeds from retail orchid sales at the Carpinteria nursery went to the food bank. The $11,000 boost to the food bank will help it continue its critical operations when demand for food assistance has spiked in the aftermath of California’s largest-ever recorded wildfire.
For Westerlay Orchids, the 9th Annual Carpinteria Greenhouse and Nursery Tour (www.carpinteriafarmtours.com) was as much about cultivating young minds as showing off the alluring plants grown in its state-of-the-art greenhouse. Westerlay donated 100 percent of its proceeds ($14,276) earned through showroom sales between March 27 and April 1 to Carpinteria Education Foundation, the nonprofit fundraising partner of the Carpinteria Unified School District.
Westerlay frequently considers requests for orchid donations.
In order to consider your request, a potential recipient must meet the requirements below.
Please fill out the brief form BELOW at least two weeks prior to your event.
- Donations are for non-profit organizations only. Special consideration will be given to local (Carpinteria) organizations. Organizations outside of Santa Barbara County will not be considered.
- Applications must be reviewed and approved by the President of the company.
- Your event should be a fundraiser to which the proceeds of the orchid arrangement will directly benefit the non-profit through a silent or live auction. We do not donate plants for gifts or decor for events.
- Donations will be an arrangement of potted Phalaenopsis Orchids, with colors and amounts at our discretion.
- Non-profit organizations are limited to one (1) donation per year.
Donation Request Form